FieldTest / NetMonitoring app for Android 7
I have released a first version of the field test / network monitoring application for Android 7 (Nougat) devices. With this app, you will be able to collect xARFCN data from the network and know which frequency band your smartphone is using.
The application reports signal level, quality and frequency of the serving cell and its neighbors:
- 2G / GSM. RxLevel, RxQual, Bsic, ARFCN (and corresponding band / UL and DL frequencies)
- 3G / WCDMA. RSCP, ECNO and PSC, UARFCN (and corresponding band / UL and DL frequencies)
- 4G / LTE. RSRP, RSRQ and PCI, EARFCN (and corresponding band / UL and DL frequencies)
There are currently 3 active menus on the application:
- The dashboard view presents all the measurements as well as GPS location details
- The logs view provides low-level data captured by the Android API and some other information about the device
- The map view shows the cell on a google map loaded from a cellfile.txt that you need to put in the app folder (more on this later)
This is the first version, please report any error / bug or improvement suggestion in the comments!